Thursday 29 August 2013

Good news

Soooooo.

I've been absent for a while. I posted a few little posts about some of the stuff I've been up to but I left something quite massive out.

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that I was 6 months pregnant at the end of February and that it is now mid August.

So cut a long story short, I had a beautiful baby boy on June 1st.

He weighed 6lb 11 and came by c section as they discovered a week before his due date that he was breech.

And life has sort of been on hold ever since. Or maybe life has just changed. And I LOVE it, more than I could have imagined. I love the smiles he gives us and the giggles we've had for the last few weeks, I love seeing his sight develop so he can really focus now, I love seeing him get excited when his daddy comes home from work, I love seeing how special he is to our extended family, I love buying clothes for him (finally some guilt free clothes shopping!), I love having our living room full of toys and baby gyms, I love being off work. I just love it. All of it and all of him. I am in love with this little fella. He is pretty amazing. And the idea that I made him just blows my tiny sleep deprived mind.

Needless to say, the knitting has taken quite a back seat over the last 12 weeks. I did manage to finish the cross stitch I was working on for my god daughter but don't have any photos yet. I've done a little knitting and am half way through a knitted hippo to go with the knitted elephant I made earlier in the year some time. But that's it. No blankets, nothing. Even the knitted baby bag I was working on ran into a brick wall after I got confused by the right and wrong sides. But who cares? There are so many more important things in life than knitting and blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...