Thursday 28 April 2011

Cyril.

My next project came from here:
Knitted Toys: 25 Fresh and Fabulous Designs

It was the snake featured on the front. He took me months and I had to learn how to increase and decrease but it was worth it. It was just a row of knit then a row of purl and apart from the head and the tail that was it.
I was really pleased with the finished product and he still has pride of place on the back of the sofa.
I used buttons from my Nana for the eyes and ribbon for the tongue from my friend Dr Lucy.
And here he is:

I LOVE him!
I've only made one other pattern from the book (more about that later) but it was really easy to follow. Considering it was the first pattern I'd ever read I was pleasantly surprised at how well he turned out.



2 comments:

  1. Aww! He's cuuuute :-) I love the colours you picked too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there really is something wonderful about sitting and knitting or doing hand work. I love the snake and came here from Lucy's site, Attic24. I do love the speed of crochet but I find I have to look it as I work; with knitting, I can watch tv or read, so they both have their pluses. Stay happy, Lu x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...