It was the snake featured on the front. He took me months and I had to learn how to increase and decrease but it was worth it. It was just a row of knit then a row of purl and apart from the head and the tail that was it.
I was really pleased with the finished product and he still has pride of place on the back of the sofa.
I used buttons from my Nana for the eyes and ribbon for the tongue from my friend Dr Lucy.
And here he is:
I LOVE him!
I've only made one other pattern from the book (more about that later) but it was really easy to follow. Considering it was the first pattern I'd ever read I was pleasantly surprised at how well he turned out.