Saturday 28 July 2012

... And Relax...... (almost)...

I've been trying to write this post for over a week now but I've been super busy.

School broke up on Friday so I should be enjoying a nice relaxing summer holiday, chilling out in the sun, taking advantage of endless lie-ins..... But if you've been here before you've probably heard me moaning about my coursework. The deadline is August the 10th so I've been working my socks off trying to get it all finished. It hasn't been going too badly but it has kept me away from Blog world.

Anyway, enough about that. I had wanted to post about how lucky I am. I received some lovely presents from my children at the end of term. Technically I'm a job share now so the presents you get aren't the same as when you're the sole teacher but we were both really lucky. Our class was super generous. I dont mean to sound really greedy, honest I'm not. And I was only saying to someone the other day that I dont expect presents from the children but that is so nice to get a card with a personal message from the children about how much they've loved being in your class or how awesome you are -whether they've been told to write it by their parents or not. And there are only so many boxes of chocolate you can get before you start re-gifting them - I'm not a massive chocolate fan.

So imagine how chuffed I was when I brought my bag of gifts home and unwrapped them to find all these cards:


and some amazing presents.......
a tray with a cow on it. I LOVE cows and the girl who gave me this had obviously remembered and told her mum,




a jar full of sweets and some homemade elderflower cordial




a box of handmade gluten free glittery goodness




a Cath Kidston sewing kit




a beautiful notebook (it's too dark to take the photo without the flash and the shimmery surface went a bit funny in the light but it's pretty honest!)



and this amazing handmade bag which also has a cow on it.





It is now the home of my yellow ripple blanket. 

I'm so lucky. What an amazing selections of gifts and this isnt even the end of the list.  So many of the gifts were homemade too. The kids knew I knit (remember me saying how I was going to take my pink ripple away with us? they were fascinated by it) so must have mentioned it to their parents.They were a lovely group of kids who I taught in year 4 and year 6 so we knew each other quite well. We had some tough moments (they kept me sane through a pretty rough year 2 years ago) and there were some real characters in there but they were all ready to leave by the end of term (you know, big fish in a little pool kind of thing). I'll miss them but am looking forward to hearing how they're getting on at secondary school and really didnt deserve to receive so many generous, thoughtful presents

I hope you all had a good end of term, which ever side of the school gate you're on and that you're getting a little respite now.  I'll keep you updated as to how the coursework is going (you cant wait can you!?!?!)  but tomorrow I'm off to London to watch the Ladies Road Race go by so there may be a few photos of that if they dont pass too fast to get any decent pictures.

Enjoy the Olympics.
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...