Thursday 3 January 2013

52 Weeks of Happy- 1/52

Wow. Aren't I posting a lot at the moment??? Can you tell that it's still the school holidays and I'm not back at work yet???

I am loving having unlimited blogging time (I say unlimited, I'm kidding myself. I have SO much to do before the new term starts, I have lessons to plan, a whole term of Guide meetings to organise, Guide accounts to sort out, blah blah blah :(  but where would the fun be in that??? so here I am :) )

I've done a lot of surfing round blogs and it's that time of year when everyone is starting new threads and there have been a few that have caught my eye. I've been following Jacquie at Bunny Mummy's blog for a while. I love her bright photography (that is really something i need to work on this year) and her colourful crochet. She posted on Thursday about a post she'd read over at Jen's blog Little Birdie  about her idea of 52 Weeks of Happy. And then I saw this post on Yarn Round Hook who also produces some pretty incredible crochet and whose Christmas star design I took into school just before Christmas. It kept the children quiet for ages. I owe her BIG time!

So here is the idea (cribbed slightly from Little Birdie's explanation) Every Tuesday you post 4 things from the previous week that have made you happy. Simple.

I know it's not Tuesday but I dont want to start on week 2. So here are my 4 things from this week:

 
 

 
 
 


1) My Christmas tree and my handmade decorations. I'm enjoying them for as long as I can!

2) Lovely daffodils that my mum bought me yesterday. Makes me feel that Spring is on its way!

3) My fingernails. Ok, I know this sounds crazy but I hate it when my nails are all short and broken. They are lovely and long at the moment and I love them. (It wont last!)

4) My delivery of baby yarn and knitting books. I can't wait to get going with it when I've finished my elephant. (you can see more about that here and here)

So that's it. Next week it will be shorter and even more simple. Promise.

Enjoy your week and I hope you find some simple happiness along the way.
Nicky x


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicky, so glad you are joining in with this fun idea. I love your happy this , particularly the Daffodils and your sweet, red Christmas tree hearts.
    Thanks for your comments
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...