Saturday 30 July 2011

Sew Do It!

This morning I had the pleasure of attending the very first Sew Do It session run by Ellie (Petillant) and her mum Clem (Clem Short Couture).
I took along the patchwork thing I was working on.

I wanted to sew a backing onto it and pad it with some wadding.
I took along the sewing machine I was bought for Christmas and spent 2 fun hours with the ladies sewing my 'thing' together.

and this is the result! .......






Obviously I still need to sew up the hole where i turned it inside out but I'm quite pleased. 

I had intended for it to be one of those baby blankets you put on the floor for a baby to lie on. But as the quality isnt great I think I'll have to keep it til I have a baby myself. Clem suggested I use the left over patchwork pieces to make a nappy bag type thing but that would require a bit more planning so will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...