Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmas Crazy

As a primary school teacher this time of year is great fun but SO exhausting. There are parties and films, music coming from classrooms at all times of the day, glitter in places from where it will never return and smiles on the childrens faces that make it all worthwhile.

But the children are overly tired, the staff are overly tired, the children are overly excited, the staff are overly stressed.

I feel like I have carol concerts and parties coming out of my ears. Sweets, outfits, cards, glitter, Christmas films the list is endless. I feel like I bumble from one day to the next with no time to think about tomorrow.

I havent finished my secret Santa present yet. I dont know what I'm going to wear to the staff 'do' on Thursday because hardly anything fits anymore. I havent bought presents for my Teaching Assistants or job share partner yet. I havent bought presents for the children or written their Christmas cards yet.
I feel like I'm drowning. :( And I'm exhausted.

I'm sure this isn't what Christmas is meant to be about.

1 comment:

  1. No you're not! It'll be over in two days and then you'll wonder what to do with yourself! Enjoy every bit as it comes and have fun with the kids, that's what I do!!! Jo x (I'm knackered too, if that helps!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...