Sunday 8 January 2012

Crochet guilts

Hubby is away for  16 days on a business trip to Hong Kong. :(


I lived in Hong Kong for a year teaching English after I'd finished my A-levels and would give my right arm to go out there with him. He insists that I wouldnt actually spend any time with him as he's always in meetings but that would be fine by me. I'd spend my time shopping and looking up people from my time there, eating Dim Sum, visiting the markets, going to the top of the Peak to look out on that iconic view of the harbour, visiting the big Budda on Lantau Island...... I'm sure I'd cope without him.

But I'm not there, I'm here.  :(

I've tried to use the peace and quiet to get some course work done but my head is now killing me. I'm not a good student. I am SO easily distracted and dont cope well in my own company. I like being with someone even if their presence isnt really essential to what I'm doing. I've hit a bit of a wall with the work. I was hoping to get to a certain point then stop and do a little crocheting.

But I didnt get that far :( I started my ripple blanket last night. I'm following this pattern from Lucy at Attic 24. I've got one and a half rows so far so hopefully I'll get some photos up for WIP wednesday.

I'm really annoyed with myself for not getting this work done so far and am determined to get it done by this evening.

I'm finding it all really hard and all I can think is that time is running out to get it sorted but my brain really hurts. :(

So now I just have a constant feeling of guilt. Guilt I'm not working or guilt i'm not reading one of the many books I have to plough through. I have Crochet Guilts. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...